EAST COAST MARTIAL ARTS MASK REQUIREMENTS
- Masks must be worn while entering and exiting the studio
- Masks must be worn at all times except when training on the mats
- Masks are optional while training
- Masks are NOT required for children under 10
- Masks are NOT required for students with a medical condition or disability
Providing a safe training environment for our students and staff continues to be our top priority. Since reopening we have errored on the side of caution, carefully following or exceeding the guidelines mandated. We understand that the following protocols may be inconvenient, but they are necessary in order for us to safely remain open and keep you training.
- Classes continue to have staggered start times to limit congestion and allow a half hour between each class to clean the training area.
- We have maintained our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting routine during and after class.
- At this time, we will be further lowering the limits on class size and increasing the social distance training space as well as going back to solo training.
- Masks are to be worn at all times when not on the mat training.
- Seating and spectators will not be available (exceptions will be made for younger students).
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and support as we all do our part to continue to make East Coast a safe training environment.
EAST COAST MARTIAL ARTS PROTOCOLS
- Students must reserve a spot for class on Mindbody.
- There will not be any drop-ins permitted at this time, even if space is available.
- Take your temperature before coming to the gym. Do not come to the gym if you have had a temperature within the last 24 hours, feeling sick, or have been exposed to someone who is sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Students should wear clean uniforms/workout clothes to class ready to train.
- Please wear shoes to class that are easy on and off.
- For now, Martial Arts students will not need their sparring gear– no bags or extra belongings are to be brought into the gym. With the colder weather, parent/guardian should take their child’s coat with them at drop-off and bring back for pick-up.
- Enter the gym through the door closest to the front desk, no more than 10 minutes before class.
- Sanitize hands as you enter the gym, before stepping onto the mats, and after class.
- ALL students must check-in at the front desk.
- Please maintain your social distance. If needed, please wait outside.
- To limit congestion and exposure there will be no spectators at this time (exceptions will be made for our younger students, please contact us for details). Only members participating in class should be in the gym. One parent/guardian may accompany their child in but are asked to wait for their child outside the gym.
- Bathrooms are for emergency use only and not to be used as a changing room.
- Foot cleaning stations are to be used before stepping onto the mats.
- The instructor will assign students a training area. Please stay within the designated training area.
- Please maintain 6 ft of social distancing.
- Exit the gym using the exit door closest to the mirrors immediately after class. Little Leaders, Youth Martial Arts and Youth BJJ students should wait in their designated training area to be dismissed by the instructor. Instructors will dismiss students immediately following class to parents waiting outside the exit door, adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Uniforms, belts and workout clothes are to be washed after every class.