EAST COAST MARTIAL ARTS
May 26 – 4:00pm
We are excited to be reopening and have been working hard to establish the guidelines necessary to safely reopen. We are erroring on the side of caution and will be carefully following or exceeding the guidelines mandated by the Ohio Department of Health: Responsible RestartOhio.
PROTOCOLS FOR GYM
We understand that the following protocols may be inconvenient, but they are necessary in order for us to safely reopen. Everyone’s patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we learn to navigate these mandates.
- An updated liability waiver will need to be signed for every student.
- We will be running at 25% capacity to start and give everyone time to get used to the new protocols.
- The mats will be separated into 2 designated training areas: A & B.
- Classes will have staggered start times to limit congestion.
- There will be a half-hour between each class to clean the training area used.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces will happen during and after classes.
- At this time, each class will be limited to 10 students.
- Students will need to use Mindbody to reserve their spot in class. Spots can be reserved 5 days in advance and up to 60 minutes before class. Due to the limited spots available we ask that if you are unable to attend a reserved class that you cancel as soon as possible. Cancellations can be made up to 75 minutes before class begins.
- To start, we are asking students to limit reserved classes to 3 times a week per program (e.g. you can reserve 3 martial arts classes, 3 MMAFit® classes, 3 kickboxing classes and 3 BJJ classes).
- All students must check-in at the front desk.
- As mandated, seating will not be available.
PROTOCOLS FOR MEMBERS
- Students must reserve a spot for class a minimum of an hour before class starts up to 5 days before on Mindbody.
- There will not be any drop-ins permitted at this time, even if space is available.
- Take your temperature before coming to the gym. Do not come to the gym if you have had a temperature within the last 24 hours, feeling sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Students should wear clean uniforms/workout clothes to class ready to train.
- Please wear flip-flops to class for easy on and off.
- For now, Martial Arts students will not need their sparring gear– no bags or extra belongings are to be brought into the gym.
- Enter the gym through the door closest to the front desk, no more than 10 minutes before class.
- Sanitize hands as you enter the gym, stepping onto the mats and after class.
- ALL students must check-in at the front desk.
- Please maintain your social distance. If needed, please wait outside.
To limit congestion and exposure there will be no spectators at this time (exceptions will be made for our younger students, please contact us for details). Only members participating in class should be in the gym. One parent/guardian may accompany their child in but are asked to wait for their child outside the gym.
- Bathrooms are for emergency use only and not to be used as a changing room.
- Foot cleaning stations are to be used before stepping onto the mats.
- The instructor will assign students a training area. Please stay within the designated training area.
- Please maintain 6 ft of social distancing.
- Exit the gym using the exit door closest to the mirrors immediately after class. Little Leaders, Youth Martial Arts and Youth BJJ students should wait in their designated training area to be dismissed by the instructor. Instructors will dismiss students immediately following class to parents waiting outside the exit door, adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Uniforms, belts and workout clothes are to be washed after every class.
We develop Leaders
4665 Fulton Dr NW, Canton, OH 44718
Call: (330) 492-3434
Try any program for free
We offer a variety of programs for all ages and encourage you to find the right fit. Your first class is on us.
Little Leaders Karate®
Youth & Adult Martial Arts
Youth & Adult Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
As Low As
Schedule a time to see the studio, meet the staff, and find the program that is right for you or your child. No long term contracts.
Join Our Facility.
East Coast Martial Arts is a progressive martial arts studio with traditional values. At East Coast Martial Arts, every class begins and ends with a bow. This simple act of respect is the foundation of our school. From our humble beginnings in a garage over 25 years ago to our current state of the art facility, we are still committed to developing leaders.
“MMAFit works for us!”
Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 11 AM – 4 PM Come and join us for our first Youth BJJ event, this will be for ages 6-15 , in the weeks leading...
Cost: $55.00 early registration $65.00 at the door
Saturday May 19th, 9:00am
Connect with us on social media.